Update: The original date of this trip was September 21. It has been rescheduled to October 3 to resolve technical difficulties with equipment.
The Friends of Lake Monroe and IU School of Public Environmental Affairs invites you to a water quality sampling demonstration on Lake Monroe, Tuesday, October 3 from 4-7 pm.
Melissa Laney, Senior Lecturer and Director of the Indiana Clean Lakes Program will demonstrate the following techniques and equipment:
- Temperature/dissolved oxygen/conductivity profiles
- 1% light level using a Li-Cor light meter
- Plankton tow nets
- Van dorn sampler to collect hypolimnetic water
- Kemmerer sampler to collect hypolimnetic water
- Integrated sampler to collect epilimnetic water
- Filter equipment for Chlorophyll-a and Orthophosphate (OP)
- Secchi Disks for water clarity
- a sediment corer
Capacity is limited, so sign up ASAP if you would like to attend this fun and interesting event.